HOUSTON (Covering Katy News) – A statement from the office of George H.W. Bush says that former first lady Barbara Bush is in failing health and will not seek additional medical treatment. The statement was released on Sunday but did not detail the type of treatment that Mrs. Bush had been receiving.
“Following a recent series of hospitalizations, and after consulting her family and doctors, Mrs. Bush, now age 92, has decided not to seek additional medical treatment and will instead focus on comfort care,” the statement said. “It will not surprise those who know her that Barbara Bush has been a rock in the face of her failing health, worrying not for herself — thanks to her abiding faith — but for others,” the statement added
Mrs. Bush is said to be “surrounded by a family she adores and appreciates the many kind messages and especially the prayers she is receiving.”