KATY (Covering Katy News) – Katy Christian Ministries reports a successful and clean 2017 audited financial statement for the second year in a row, confirming all financial controls are in place and in compliance. In 2017, KCM reports that it served more than 8,200 families and distributed more than 605,000 meals. The local nonprofit reports that it spent $3.25 million dollars assisting local families in need.
“Founded by a collaboration of churches as a way to address growing needs in the community, KCM provides critical help at what is often the point of desperation in the lives of those who need it,” said a statement from the organization.
“Financial accountability and transparency is important to us at Katy Christian Ministries and we have worked very hard to demonstrate a new standard of good stewardship to the churches, foundations, organizations, businesses, and individuals who give to support the life-transforming work of KCM” says Deysi Crespo, Executive Director.
KCM strives to strengthen families by providing comprehensive case management, emergency financial assistance to prevent homelessness, supplemental food, help with Health Benefits Access such as Gold Card, SNAP, TANF, Medicaid, Medicare, and CHIP, as well as safety planning, counseling, and advocacy for victims of Domestic Violence or Sexual Abuse.
Like What You're Reading?
Key Achievements of Katy Christian Ministries in 2017 are the following according to a press release issued on July 19, 2018.
- KCM spent $3.25m on Programs providing services free of charge to the community.
- The Crisis Center assisted 620 victims of domestic violence and 292 victims of sexual abuse.
- Social Services assisted 8,216 families.
- $424,000 was used for direct financial assistance for emergency shelter, mortgage/rent, and utilities.
- 1,658 families were assisted with Health Benefits Access Program including, Medicaid, Medicare, SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program), Gold Card, TANF (Temporary Assistance for Needy Families), CHIP (Children’s Health Insurance Program).
- The Food Pantry served 3,166 families and distributed 605,588 meals.
- With the Board of Director’s assistance, KCM achieved a successful & clean 2017 Audited Financial Statement for the second year in a row, confirming all financial controls are in place and in compliance.
- KCM improved efficiencies to invest 89 cents of every dollar to help our families in need through their Counseling, Crisis Center, Food Pantry, and Social Services Programs.
“The 89 percent ratio is remarkably high, and we attribute this to our increased commitment to financial accountability and board involvement. We are so blessed to live in such a generous, loving, and faithful community that allowed us to achieve great outcomes even in the midst of Harvey and during the long-term recovery phase we are currently in,” Crespo said.
Katy Christian Ministries is inviting the community to attend its 14th Annual “Transforming Lives” Gala, September 25th, 2018 starting at 6 p.m. at the historical Beckendorff Farms in Katy, TX. Tickets and Sponsorship information are available at www.ktcm.org/gala2018.
“An exciting announcement will be made at the event that you won’t want to miss,” the organization said.
Katy Christian Ministries relies on the financial support of local churches, organizations, foundations, businesses, social clubs, and community members to continue serving the needs of the community.
Katy Christian Ministries is accredited by the Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability, meeting their Seven Standards of Responsible Stewardship. KCM is also a Gold Star participant with GuideStar.org and is an Accredited Charity by the BBB of Greater Houston and South Texas. The organization’s financial statements are available to the public and can be found online at www.ktcm.org.
“Katy Christian Ministries is grateful to all those in our community for their ongoing support that allowed us to overcome the obstacles Harvey presented with our own facilities being flooded, said Kent Black, KCM Board President. “Despite these challenges, KCM accomplished much in 2017 through God’s provision and guidance and continues to thrive and grow with realistic goals aligned with our Strategic Plan for the coming years,” Black added.