HOUSTON (Covering Katy News) – H-E-B plans to expand its roster of truck drivers. Interested and qualified drivers are invited to a hiring event on Friday, April 12th at Houston community College Campus located at 555 Community College Dr, Houston TX 77013. Doors open 8 a.m. – 2 p.m.
If hired, applicants will be considered “full time,” and will qualify for all H-E-B benefits on day one. H-E-B drivers are home every day; however, candidates should be available to work nights, weekends and holidays.
Experienced drivers (at least 2 years of CDL experience) are asked to apply online at www.heb.com/drive4heb prior to arriving to the fair. H-E-B will be conducting interviews and making on the spot offers to qualified candidates who meet the following qualifications:
– Must have 2 years of driving experience with a Class A CDL and 100,000 miles of driving experience
– 3-year clear MVR; record will be reviewed for preventability, based on H-E-B standards
– No more than 1 citation within the last 3 years (none in past 12 months)
– Maintain status as an FMCSR-qualified driver
– Must be able to work primarily weekends including nights and holidays
– Must be 21 years or older and have a valid CDL & Medical Certificate
– No DWI/DUI
– Must not ever had driver licenses, permits or privileges suspended or revoked in any state or county
– Excellent customer service skills
– Successful passing of Dept of Transportation (DOT) physical, DOT drug screen, criminal background check, and verification of work history
– H-E-B is an equal opportunity employer and a drug free workplace
“H-E-B is a great place to grow a meaningful career,” said Todd Wright, Group Vice President of Houston Supply Chain. “Every one of our more than 110,000-Partner team is valued and fulfills an important role in furthering the success of our company. And, our drivers are at the foundation this success, delivering quality product to the communities we serve daily.”
Like What You're Reading?
H-E-B is known for innovative quality products, services and fresh food, as well as giving back to the communities it serves. Each year the company proudly donates over five percent of its pre-tax earnings to charitable organizations who are committed to making a positive difference in their local communities.
This “spirit of giving” is an integral part of everyday business at H-E-B and a tradition that the company proudly continues with signature programs across Texas, including the H-E-B Excellence in Education Awards, H-E-B Feast of Sharing Dinners, H-E-B Operation Appreciation and the H-E-B Food Bank Assistance Program.
H-E-B currently operates more than 80 stores in the Houston area and is continuously increasing its store count. To view H-E-B’s job openings, please visit careers.heb.com.